Tuesday 19 April 2011

no internet again

Our internet was down yet again today . It's only just come back and it's 1839. It's down regularly . In the last three days we've only had it for one day. i'm pretty sure it's BT doing work in the local telephone exchange . My Dad used to be a telephone engineer in that exchange so I know a bit about it. The other week I phoned our internet provider Sky to complain and they said they were going to complain to BT but it's no better at all so I'm going to phone them again.
  My oxygen was delivered today that our GP ordered and it's been a great help. I felt a lot better for it.
  Today we went into town to book an eye test for my contact lenses. It was the first time we'd been in for a while due to Gray's surgery and my illness and it was so nice to get there again. We saw a couple of friends we hadn't seen for a long time and I got a hug from both of them. Male I might add! I managed to find a horror fantasy book by my favourite author Clive Barker. I didn't realise he'd written and I am already enjoying it. I used to be an avid reader and as a child I always had my nose in a book but not so much for a while as not enough time.
 I was going to give up work cos I thought with secondary breast cancer I'd omly have 6 months to live but I've come across other ladies wh've lasted 10 years so I've decided to go back to work but part time perhaps 3 days a week cos Gray might no go back to work with jis dicky heart. He thinks I'm mad but I used to really enjoy my job and after working there 25 years I get on really well with all my work mates they're like sisters to me and have visited me and kept in touch every week and visited while I've been off sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment