Sunday 24 May 2009







Had an awesome weekend with my BRCA sisters from the BRCA Umbrella sit. Spent a smashing evening with them last night and we did the Race for Life at the NEC today.Went fo a pub lunch with them afterwards at The Boat Inn at Catherine de Barnes. The weather was glorious, the sun shone and it was dry and warm. Gray got sunburned!
It was great to meet my BRCA sisters and they made me feel like one of the family. I found the walk quite emotional looking at other people's back patches it made me think about my Mum and the fact that that nearly all those girls had either a relative or friend who had been affected by cancer. A few people noticed our T-shirts and asked us questions and we had many people mote our umbrella hats. It will be interesting to see how many people join the BRCA Umbrella site from there. We all found the walk tiring by the end and we went for a pub lunch at The Boat Inn at Catherine De Barnes . It was an extremely enjoyable weekend which I will never forget.

I look forward to the next time hoping I will be fit enough for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment