Tuesday 9 August 2011

Bloody rioters.

We went into town for a Bogarts reunion last night but were forced out of town by rioting looters . When we got into the city centre we walked through the middle of two great big gangs. They seemed happy,smiling and joking and gave out no vibes of aggression. Gray reckoned there was something funny going on and later they were running around town with masks on there face smashing shop windows in shop windows. When we got to the pub where the reunion was we foubd out that the reunion had taken place 2 days before even though it was publicesed on forums on the net as 2 days later. Bogarts was a rock club I used to go when I was 16 in the early 70's that featured local up and coming local rock bands. I reckon we saw Black Sabboth and Judas Priest amongst other famous Brummie rock bands as Birmingham is the home of rock. I phoned the pub and they said they were having another there in a couple of months. I was very disappointed as I had been looking forward to it all week and I was wearing Patchouli oil as we did in the 70's and my Rammstein t-shirt.
 The riots have spread all over the country's cities.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/
  This evening we went for a balti in our local balti house and we met a lovely Irish man fom Dublin who loved talking as much as I do and I really enjoyed it. I mentioned how I couldn't drink Guiness as it isn't vegetarian and he said he doesn't like it.
  Hopefully the city centre is still in one piece as I need to pick up my contact lenses tomorrow from Boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment