Tuesday 21 July 2009

I'm writing this at work in between removing tons of plaque, calculus and tobacco staining from patients teeth! Having a few DNA'S. I wonder if it's due to the swine flu and people are frightened to go places? Some of Gray's colleagues are off with it. We went to our local balti house last night and we were the only people there! They reckoned it was quiet because people were frightened of picking up swine flu and because of the summer holidays.

Had a fright last night while while using my tepe brushes, I found a lump on my wrist on the side I had the breast cancer. It is very hard like bone. I don't know whether it's a ganglion but I read on the net this morning that they are normally soft.

Didn't know whether to phone my GP, the breast care nurse or the oncologists secretary. Phone my good friend Mo for the breast care nurses number as she has had breast cancer too. She agreed she wouldn't know which one to phone either in the same position.

I phoned the nurse first at the breast care unit but got the answer machine as I expected. So I then phoned Lynn the oncologist's secretary and she brought my appointment forward from 26th August to Wednesday 29th July which is next Wednesday. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed 'till then.

Today would have been my Dad's birthday. He would have been 86 today. He died 24th March 2007 due to a fall outside his GP's after a routine blood test. There was a gap in the disabled access ramp where the shutter went into when it was closed . He fractured his hip and caught MRSA and pnemonia after a hip replacement in hospital. I miss him a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment